7.20.2007

Wonderful Crazy Thunderstorms!!

I was at work last night, inside our dreaded dungeon listening to the rain beat on the roof with a ferocity that somewhat scared me. However, although I could not see for myself the wonderful storm, I had to be content with just listening to the pounding rain, and the boom of the thunder. When I finished work, the torrent still hadn't diminished yet, and I had to drive home being careful of the waters that had flooded some of the roads. It was an adventure, and all of a sudden I felt like I was back in Brasil again, and this time I was the driver.

I can remember the torrential rains that I experienced there, and although last night did bring heavy rain, nothing could compare!

But enough about the rain, I'm kind of cold today, and honestly, I would rather the heat right now! I do enjoy this breeze, but could do away with cold fingers as I type away.

I worked on biology for about an hour just now, and I am up to my neck in cells and organelles and mitochondria and, yes Mom, GOLGI BODIES!!! lol My goal is to finish this unit in 2 wks, so I have a little bit to go yet.

I hope that everyone has a great day...I'm going to go find somewhere that I can be warm!

Love, Ash

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ash, I immediately thought of you last night when I heard the thunder boomers and the heavy rain falling around here

But then when I listened to the late news and heard how much rain they were receiving in Orillia,
I was a bit concerned, as this was around the time you would be coming home.
I wondered if you would once again have the car and said a prayer that you would be safe.

As you described your ride home,
I remembered an experience I had many years ago driving home in our van in a storm from the Collingwood hospital to our cottage after Uncle Ken’s appendectomy at 3 am in the morning.
I drove though a large "LAKE" and water poured over the front of the car and totally knocked the engine out of commission.
I had help to get it restarted but then it happened again before I finally arrived home safe and sound but in a pretty shaken condition.
It took a while before I wanted to drive again in a storm!
Obviously your Brazilian experience stood you in good stead to take it slow and easy on the way home!

I wish you well with your biology course and I am sure that all your hard work will pay off this time
Lots of luv Nan xoxo

Anonymous said...

Yes, Ash, gotta love those Golgi Bodies...I loved biology class, one of my favourites! Too bad you can't do dissection in your distance education course. keep on working through.. love ya, MamaLama.xoxoxo