7.16.2007

Rainy Days and Mondays...

Thankfully it's NOT a rainy day today-but it IS Monday! And I don't have to work today.

I can't believe the crazy weather and storms we had last week. I absolutely love a good thunderstorm, and we had many. They remind me of how powerful God is, how much He is in control. Nature is one of the things that brings me closer to God, remembering how every little intricacy was thought out by Him. I can feel his presence with every touch of a raindrop on my skin, and I can see only a fraction of his artistic handicraft when I look at a sunset. He is so wonderful!!

We rented a movie on the week-end called "The Last Sin Eater". It is based on a book by the Christian author Francine Rivers, one that I have read three times I enjoyed it so much. I was so pleased that there was a movie made about it, and yet I wasn't prepared for the strong message it presented. What an amazing movie! I still enjoyed the book better, but for making a movie so wonderful and conveying such a powerful theme, it was great! It definitely reminded me of how God was so wonderful that He would send his Son to earth to "eat our sins" and give us freedom from them. If you have not seen it, you should, as it is definitely worthwhile!

Yesterday we went on a family bike ride for about an hour. It's quite humourous, all seven of us lined up on our bikes on the bike trail. haha, we're pretty much like a race team or something! It was fun, and the weather was beautiful.

Well, I must go, as I don't want to spend my whole morning or day for that matter in front of this time-sucker! lol...take care, all, and I just want to say thank you to everyone who is praying for me. I can feel the encouragement and love from everyone, and I appreciate it so much!

Have a good day!

Love, Ash

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I pretty much luv ya, Avi....Mamalamaxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Hi my love,
You had a very special weekend as you got to do some activities with the family.
That sounds like a great movie. Mom was telling me about it last night as well.
I think I will have to try to find it and view it too.
The bike ride must have been a lot of fun for the family to do.
I can picture the scene!
I have just finished reading the responses to your last blog.
It must be very encouraging to you to feel that support behind you as you are setting off in the new direction.
Everyone wants the best for you and we know that you are going to move ahead and the Lord will give you what you need to pull things together.
We love you so much and I am sure that you can must realize by now that so many other people do too!
Lots of luv Nan xoxoxo