4.27.2006

I went to the school again today, and helped in three of the classrooms. It's funny, yesterday I learned the Portuguese word for "lazy", and today it came in handy...ALOT! The word is "preguiçosa". I think I have been a little lazy because of the weather. It's cooler in the mornings and at night, but then really hot during the day, so my body is trying to get used to the changes. And so, I am so sleepy during the day.
I was able to help mark one test today...it takes me 5 minutes to mark, and during that time Andréa already marks 4 or 5 tests. What a laugh! Que isso!
I have to tell you a story. This happened a couple of weeks ago, but I totally forgot to share. One day, André, Celça, Andréa and I were going to the mall. On the way there, we had to go to a store to get film developed. Now this little store is in an area sort of out of the way where we wanted to go, so Celça suggested we take a shortcut. It was at the end of the road, and as we started ona new little dirt road(which was the shortcut), I started to laugh. On either side of us were tall tall grasses, and the dirt road had puddles and puddles of mud. It was sort of like an little safari through the jungle or something. We kept driving through the puddles and it was splashing up so high that I had to close my window. Thankfully André and Celça drive a Mitsubishi truck, because as we were driving along, we came upon a mud puddle so big that a car had was almost submerged in it. We all looked at each other and were like, "E agora? What now?" It was so funny. So, since Celça was driving, André started telling her where to go. There was just enough room on the side of the road for her to half drive around and half drive thru the puddle. Finally we came to the main road that led to the mall, and we were all so happy that we made it. What an adventure! I loved every minute of it!
Tomorrow we're going to Àguas Lindas again, and so I know that it will be a good day.
Talk to you soon...
Love Ashleigh :)
Remember, if there's anything in particular that you want to know, just ask!

2 comments:

Singing Lady said...

Hi Sweetie,
We are now officially "in" at the "Inn".
All unpacked and here until May 6th.
All ready for lots of R & R!
Glad you remembered your story.
That was quite the adventure!
It sounds like you would be a good candidate for the TV "Survivor" program!!
Glad you are having so much fun.
lots of love from Nan xoxox

Anonymous said...

Hey Ash,
how are you doing?
sound like you had a good adventure while you are stay there...good to hear about...thanks.
love:stef