5.03.2006

Hi to everyone. Sorry I haven't written in a while. I had a really fun weekend and it was also a holiday on Monday. But I do have some bad news before I continue. There was a lady who worked at Vôo Livre doing some cleaning and taking care of the property itself, along with her husband. This morning Graça and I were just getting ready to leave for Àguas Lindas, when another teacher there phoned us. He told us that Zeza(her name) had died last night, from bronchitis. I guess she went to the hospital, but by the time she got there, she was coughing blood and was already dying. I really didn't know her that well, but you know, it's so sad because we saw her there everyday around Vôo Livre. How short life is. I am pretty sure that she loved the Lord, so we can have hope that she went to heaven, but still. It's so sad. So today we went there to see if there was anything we could do, but I think she is still at the hospital, and they closed Vôo Livre for today because of mourning, so Graça and I came back home. Please pray for her family, especially her husband, because I don't think she had any children. It's crazy to think how one day you see a person and then you never know if you'll see them again after that. It is so important to live for each day, and take the time to talk to the people you love, and even the people you don't love. Life is too short to waste a day being mad at someone. I have learned this many times. Thankfully it has never ended badly for me (to be mad at someone), but how do I know that the next day they will be gone from me? Zeza was certainly the last person on my mind that I would never get to see again. So please, let this be a reminder to everyone to take time to say "I love you" to someone you love, or just say "hi". Also, this is very important to people who don't know the Lord. What if you died today? Do you know where you are going after you die? Because Jesus did die for you, and He is waiting for you to ask Him to come into your heart, and let Him be your Saviour. Things like this really make us wake up, especially because we don't know when our last day on Earth will be.

Now I'm really not feeling let talking about my adventures on Saturday. Maybe I will write back later or talk about it tomorrow. I'm sorry that this blog is so somber, but life isn't always fun, is it? All I know is that as long as God guides our paths we can get through the bad stuff, too.

Love, Ashleigh :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ash,
I am really sorry to hear the bad news today. It's so ture that life is to short,so enjoy it when you can do so. I be praying for her family and for you as well. I love you.
Love:Stef

Singing Lady said...

Hi Sweetie,
It was so good to talk to you last night and hope that you also enjoyed getting to chat with all your family as well.
It is sad to hear your news to-day though.

Such a sudden death does indeed make us realize how fragile our lives are!
I know that you are realizing this too from your comments to us to-day.
We will certainly be in prayer for Zeza's family and all who knew her.
Thank you for your reminder to us to keep short accounts and make sure that we know Jesus and put our trust in Him.
lovingly you Nan .
Hugs, hugs and more hugs.
Lots of kisses too!
Keep your focus on Jesus and He will sustain you.

Anonymous said...

Ashleigh....Hi!... wow, you have certainly told us a sad story of life. Whether it is here or there, death does come unexpectedly. We will pray for Zeza's husband and loved ones and that you all may be used to comfort those who are in need of comfort in the next while. Thank you for sharing that...it's ok to tell us about ALL of your experiences even though they may not be happy ones..it lets us know where you are at today. Thanks for your words and reminder to say, "I love you". Just know that we are saying that to you every day when we pass by your picture on the wall and on the fridge. You are prayed for and thought of !!!
It was good to talk...I can't believe how well your Portuguese is sounding..so happy that you are picking it up so easily... we knew that you wouldn't have trouble with it..
Hope you are coping with your allergies, we will pray. Hope that you can rest well. Talk to you later. Love Mama

Anonymous said...

HI Ash we love you and are praying for you. from Oma and grandpa
x0x00xx00x0x0x0xx0

Anonymous said...

Hi Ash I wanted to let you know there are 10 ladies coming this summer to do DBS in your area and I know several of the ladies So I will sending my hugs and kisses to you via them. One lady's name is Wendy she will be I think doing the music and one lady is Brenda she and her husband are the team leaders more about that later love oma