5.20.2006

Sorry I haven't written in a while...I have been kind of busy. I am really sad right now, though, because Graça leaves for Canada tomorrow morning. She will be there on Monday. I am going to miss her so much. I don't even want to talk about it, because just thinking about her leaving is making me cry. I am going to put off thinking about it until I actually have to say goodbye to her at the airport.
This week was really good. I went grocery shopping with what seemed like the whole family on Tuesday, on Wednesday we went to Vôo Livre, and then on Thursday Andréa and I went out for dinner with some friends to celebrate her friend's birthday. It was fun. Then yesterday we didn't go to Vôo Livre, but I had a good chat with Graça's youngest daughter Dani, and then spent the afternoon with Graça and Andréa shopping and stuff. At the grocery store I was really grossed out because they sell pig tongues and pig ears and pig tails and honestly it looks disgusting just stacked up like that.
Today we are having "Feijoada", a really delicious Brazilian dish. However, they use the meat from cow tails, which I thought would be gross, but when I tried it it is delícia!!!
I should go, though. I think it will be lunch time soon, and I don't want to miss anything. Hope you all are doing well.
Love, Ashleigh

1 comment:

Singing Lady said...

Hi Ash.
Good to see you back in print. Now the weeping and whaling by "you know who", will stop at our house!
Sounds like the grocery store is an interesting place to shop! What recipes you will have to teach us when you return home!
I hope it won’t be too emotional for you when Graça leaves tomorrow. Hopefully we will get to meet her while she is here.
We will pray that she will have a safe trip and will enjoy Canada as much as you are enjoying Brazil.
Love and prayers, hugs and Kisses
Nan