5.22.2006

I went to the English school today with Andréa. She is ahead with most of her classes, so the first class just finished watching a movie and then wrote a little composition about it, and the second class just did some book work.
Yesterday was hard to watch Graça leave, but I know that she deserves this vacations so much. She called us today when she arrived in Canada, to let us know that she got there ok and that her trip went well. I miss her already, and today it felt like the house was falling apart without her. It's like she is the glue for everybody and when she isn't here, nothing goes right.
Today I answered the phone, and the lady on the other end wanted to speak with Graça. I was trying to tell her that she is in Canada, but I get kinda flustered speaking on the phone, and the lady was really rude to me saying, "Não entendi!!!!"(I didn't understand) She was so rude the way she said it though. That's the first time that has happened to me on the phone. Usually people on the phone are pretty nice to me. Another time I answered the phone today, and I told the lady I was Canadian, and she was saying how my accent is really different. It was funny.
Tomorrow Andréa and I are going to the police to get my time extended here. My 90 days are almost over, and I have to get my passport extended for the last 90 days. I have to pay a small fee, but that's ok.
I should go now, though. It is late, and I'm really tired.
Love to you all,Ash

4 comments:

Singing Lady said...

Hi Ash
This is the first time in a while that I have not checked your blog shortly after your posting.
I see it was late last night when you wrote (after my bedtime of course! hahah) and we had an early morning visitor for the day, in the person your cousin Nate…. 8:30 a.m. to be exact!
Uncle K dropped him off en route to a funeral in Arthur.
He picked him up just after 5, so I guess I had a good reason to be late in reading this! We did have a nice visit with him though.
We pray that the adjustment to Graça 's departure will not make too much difference for you once things settle down.
Hopefully you won’t have too many rude callers in the future either.
I had better go and get some dinner now for BigBoy Pops!
Love you lots .
Good to talk on the weekend as well, both on the land line and via Skype!
Nan xoxox

Singing Lady said...

My first comment didn't seem to come up in the listing ... so just to make sure you know I did one ...Here is a follow up for to-day!!!! Hope it registers!!!
Love Nan
You know me... I do not like to be ignored!!!!!

Singing Lady said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Singing Lady said...

Glad to see the registry clicked in when I lodged my complaint.. see if they ignore me again!! hahaha!