4.23.2006

This morning Graça and I went to church, and both Sunday school and the sermon were very good. It's a little bit weird going to that church, though, because even though all the people there speak English, they're all American(well, most of the church is made up of Americans). Every single one of them have American accents, too. It's so different! They're really nice people, though, and I do enjoy going there.
On Friday night I went to a really really small little church in Taguatinga. It was good, but extremely different. Let me just say, it's not a traditional service. At the end, everybody went up to the front, and then the Holy Spirit started speaking to certain people, and I was a little bit frightened. For starters, I have never seen this happen in Canada anywhere, so it is soooooo different. Also, they speak in Portuguese, and of course they are speaking so fast I can't understand. However, Cristina told me that one of the guys that went up had been drunk when he came into the church, but at the end he was far from it. He also confessed that he was a homosexual, but after coming into the church, he wanted to change his life, and asked for help. It was cool.
Yesterday, Graça, me, and a bunch of our friends wennt to Àguas Lindas after lunch, because Graça had to sign something for Joyce with the board of Vôo Livre. But it was fun, because when we got there, we had Canjica(kind of like rice pudding, except made with a type of corn) and had a little service. They were so excited because they finished the roof on the school, so it was an answer to prayer. After that, me and a bunch of kids got to play volleyball for a little while, and I got to be a sort of translator for the Canadian guy and the kids while we were playing. That was so awesome!
I have had an awesome week-end so far, and I hope all of you have too.
Love, Ash :)

1 comment:

Singing Lady said...

Hey girl,

The adventures continue! What a weekend you had!
Nearly two months into the visit and you are starting to translate!
How cool!
Vai a menina, vai!
Abraça, luv, os beijos e todo o que material bom Nan
PS
Você começou a minha letra a última semana?