4.25.2006

Another Beautiful Day...

God is so good to have blessed Brasil with such wonderful weather right now. I love it. Although, I have to confess, I do have allergies here too. I thought they were bad in Canada, but I didn't get them until late June and July. Unfortunately, I have them now! Maybe they'll go away soon...I hope, because my eyes have been burning and my nose is sooooooooo itchy! It's absolute craziness!
Today was fun. I was able to help in most of the classes at the English school today, which was so awesome.
I did have something to tell you all, but now I forget. But I can tell you something else. I don't know if I told you what we eat for breakfast, but in case I didn't, I'll tell you now. We just have different kinds of breads, varies with the morning. And coffee, but, of course, I don't drink coffee, so I just drink water or juice. Andréa thinks it's awesome how in the United States(and Canada) have eggs and bacon and sausage for breakfast every morning. But, I know that my family sure doesn't have that for breakfast every morning, so I don't know how many other people eat that richly in the morning. It is soooooo good, though, to eat that for breakfast. But, I do like the breads they have here. There is one type in particular that I am going to miss for sure when I come back. It's called "Pão de Queijo" which just means cheese bread. However, it is totally different than the cheese bread we have at home, and each one is shaped in a little circle and is about 2 inches wide and about 1 1/2 inches thick. They taste the best warm, and they are so addictive. My favourite time is when we buy them for the afternoon at the English school, and we are all so hungry. They taste the best then.
ok, so maybe you do put sugar in the drink I was telling you about yesterday...truthfully, I don't know. You'll have to experiment.
Well, tonight I think that we're going to eat Chinese food, and I'm so excited!
ttyl
Love, Ash :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Babe, sooo sorry that you are having a hard time with your allergies. Glad that you are having a chinese food night...what's that like in Brasil? Is it as good as in Canada? (I know that we don't eat the authentic chinese menu.)You'll have to tell me your favourite dish that you had tonight...
We got a special package in the mail today from Brasil....thank you ..your note was so special and we loved your finished gift for Mel."fun fun fun..."
When you are helping in the classes, what do you do, is it the same every day?
So many people are asking how you are doing and are telling me that you are in their prayers...hope you can feel them all...God is with you!
Vanessa won gold in Music Festival, her first piano entry ever! We were proud of her...Dd_o got to go too!she even got a bouquet from Mrs. V ! she was so surprised to get a gold.
You are missed so much...we love you and are so proud of what you are doing...keep up the good work and give all the glory for what you are learning to God, the one who has given you so many gifts. Love your family :)

Anonymous said...

Hello...still need your address and phone number.. don't forget.Ce Ce

Anonymous said...

hi Ash
I am really enjoying your blogs!
They are most interesting and informative of the life you are living in Brazil.


I don't know if I said this before but you are having of a lifetime and you will look back on this time in years to come as a life changing experience.

I am sure that the children at your school are enjoying having you with them as much as you are enjoying them
Please tell your adopted family that we are praying for you and them every day.

We pray that you will soon have some relief from your allergies and that you can enjoy the time there without this added aggravation!
Till next lots of love from Pops

Anonymous said...

As you can see from my previous entry... I am not too good on the 'puter

...even with Nan's help!

Actually she typed it wrong!! hahah
Pops xoxo

Singing Lady said...

Hey ho

Your breakfast menu sounds good but I would miss my cereal.
I am such a creature of habit!
Sounds like Mel enjoyed her parcel from Brazil!
Have fun tomorrow.
Love you always Nan xoxo

Singing Lady said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.