1.14.2012

Saturday Morning Coffee...

If you're like me, you enjoy a good cup of coffee in the morning (although maybe not black like I drink it).  I'm sitting here sipping my coffee, while Jake is drinking a hot chocolate and catching up on blogs.  I love the slow, relaxed hours that make up the week-end, especially since we don't have to go anywhere.  In four weeks, this is the first time we've been able to spend a Saturday morning at home, without getting prepared to drive anywhere.  I'm not taking it for granted!

I have enjoyed writing down funny quotes ever since I was a young girl.  Quotes like that only happened when we were sitting around the kitchen table after dinner, and someone said something hilarious (or, more often than not, when my mom was attempting to scold us, and something highly outrageous would come out instead).  At the end of the year, I would bring down my journal where I wrote down the quotes, and read them aloud.  Laughter always ensued, as we would lightly tease whoever said what.

Now it's just Jake and I, yet I have an arsenal of quotes already...here is one from this morning:

Ash: Jake, would you like some tea?
Jake: Yes, please.  Can I have hot chocolate?
Ash: (laughing) That's not tea.
Jake: But it's like tea.  It's more like tea than a grilled cheese sandwich or a rhinoceros.

I couldn't help but laugh at that.

And this one just makes me fall in love all over again:

Jake: I can't wait for you to have wrinkles.
Ash: (outraged) Why?!
Jake: Because that means we're getting old together.

Love,
Ashleigh