1.20.2012

Castles in the sand...

Right now I'm thinking of my parents, who are, at this moment, on their first Caribbean cruise.  After 25 years of marriage, they've finally gone on a proper honeymoon, with some help and encouragement from their parents and their children.  We wanted them to have a wonderful and relaxing time, and I hope it's been just that.  They're coming back on Monday, and I can't wait to hear all about it.

I, myself, have never been on a cruise.  Jake and I went to the Dominican for our honeymoon, and we had a great time there (even though the sun only came out 3/7 days).  I've heard that the food on cruises are fantastic, and that some of the ships are just spectacular.  We've come a long way since the Titanic!

In light of that, my brother and I were talking about the cruise ship that went down off the coast of Italy; incidentally, it gave us a quite scare.  We were both reading the news, when the headline about a downed cruise ship caught our attention...only to read it was in Europe, and not in the Caribbean where our parents are.  My heart goes out to the people who have lost family and friends on that cruise.

Love,
Ashleigh

No comments: