This is officially my 300th post on this blog since March of 2006. That may not seem like many after more than 3 years of writing blogs here, but it's still something worth celebrating. I have really enjoyed sharing some thoughts, and there is something singularly satisfying about seeing one of my blogs post, knowing that at least ONE person will read it and comment. It's not that my life is particularly interesting, but somehow I just enjoy sharing. The interesting part is that I not only write blogs some days, but also write in my journal..... I have a lot to say and think about.
I have been reading in Judges lately during my devotions. This morning I was reading about Gideon and how God called a simple man to do his work in saving Israel from the Midianites. It was incredible how even in ancient Bible times people did the same things we do now. Gideon was complaining to God about how weak he was, and how he couldn't do anything, even when God had JUST finished saying that he would be right there with him. I know I often call myself weak in the face of things I cannot accomplish. But if God can promise to be with someone like Gideon, I am no different!
Nana sent me this in an e-mail, and I decided to post it here today:
21 Reasons Why You Are Blessed!
1. If you own a Bible, you are abundantly blessed – about 1/3 of the world does not have access to one.
2. If you wake up each morning with more health than illness, you are blessed to rise and shine, to live and to serve in a new day.
3. If you have anyone on the planet, just one person that loves you and listens to you; count this a blessing.
4. If you can freely attend a church meeting without fear, then you are more blessed than over 1/3 of the world.
5. If you have a yearning in your heart to parent a child, you are blessed because you still desire what you cannot see.
6. If you pray today or any day, you are blessed because you believe in God’s willingness to hear your prayer.
7. If you pray for someone else, you are blessed because you want to help others also.
8. If you have food in your refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof over your head, and a place to sleep; all at the same time; you are rich in this world.
9. If you have a brother or sister in Christ that will pray with you and for you, you benefit from a spiritual unity, bond, and agreement, which the gates of hell cannot stand against.
10. If you have any earthly family that even halfway loves you and support you, you are blessed beyond measure.
11. If you attend a church with a church family that offers you one word of encouragement, you are blessed with some form of fellowship.
12. If you have money in the bank, in your wallet, or some spare change in a dish someplace you are among the world’s wealthy.
13. If you can go to bed each night, knowing that God loves you, you are blessed beyond measure.
14. If you try each day to imitate our Lord Jesus Christ for even a minute, you are blessed because you show a willingness to grow up in Him.
15. If you can read this message, you are more blessed than about 2/3 of the world.
16. If you have never had to endure the hardship and agony of battle, imprisonment, or torture, you are blessed in indescribable measure.
17. If you have a voice to sing His praises, a voice to witness God’s love, and a voice to share the gospel, you are blessed. About 1/3 of the world does not even know who the one true God is.
18. If you can hold someone’s hand, hug another person, touch someone on the shoulder, you are blessed because you can offer God’s healing touch.
19. If you can share a word of encouragement with someone else, and do it with His love in your heart, you are blessed because you have learned how to give.
20. If you have the conviction to stand fast upon His Word and His promises, no matter what, you are blessed because you are learning patience, endurance, and tenacity.
21. If you hold up your head with a smile on your face and are truly thankful, you are blessed because most people can, but won’t.
It looks like another beautiful day today, and I hope you can all enjoy it.