5.16.2007

Rain and Rainbows

Last night on our 45 min. lunch break(shhhh...don't tell anyone I said that, because we're only supposed to get 30 min.!!) I walked to Subway to get something to eat. I was just a little bit upset about walking, I mean, it is ONLY 10 min. away, but there were some snobby girls from my training class who went right past me, and didn't even offer to pick me up.

Pretending to be nonplussed, i turn away and look at the sky, only to notice part of a rainbow in and among the clouds.

It was then that I knew that I was meant to walk to Subway. If I hadn't walked, I would not have noticed that rainbow. I would not have even been looking at the sky. It was a reminder that we need to slow things down. When was the last time you saw a rainbow? Next time it rains, just go for a slow walk with someone you love and look for one!

It also reminded me of God's promise in the book of Genesis. He said that by displaying a rainbow, he is telling us that he will never again flood the whole earth like he did when Noah was alive.

I know that some people have changed the meaning of the rainbow, but I know what I believe. It is a sign of hope and peace, and God's blessings and promises to us.

I hope that everyone has a great day today...enjoy the rain: the smell of earth, the feel of the mist lightly touching your skin, the renewal that it brings!

Love, Ash

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ash
We sure have had lots of rain the past couple of days.
Interesting that you should write about a rainbow to-day.
While we were driving in to town on Monday night, it also started to rain and I was complaining about the fact that we had just gotten the car washed that morning and it was raining on it!
As I looked ahead there was a rainbow!
I quickly grabbed the camera and took a couple of pix through the window. The rain was spotting up the windshield but it was still very beautiful.
Even though I wasn’t walking I was with the one I love!!!
I will email you the pix.
Thanks for your thoughts on this as well.
Lots of luv Nan xoxox