5.21.2007

"Happy Dead Queen Day"

One of mom's friends said this to me today, and I couldn't help but laugh, so I hope someone else found the humour in it too!

So, some updates on my life...

Work has been going ok. The training is boring like always, but tomorrow is the last day for it, and then I start taking calls on Wednesday! I'm so nervous, but I know it's going to be great. I have been getting rides to and from work, so my butt isn't sore anymore lol. However, my shifts change on Wednesday to 11AM to 7:30PM, so I'm just going to ride my bike again. I love riding my bike, and it's good exercise too.

Last week I got to hang out with a friend of mine that I haven't seen in a long time. She just had her birthday, but she lives out in the country and doesn't get into town much. But it was good to see her. Then on Saturday I got to hang out with Ruth-Ann, and we tried on so many clothes at the mall, ate dinner at McDonald's, and then watched Fracture with Anthony Hopkins, and Ryan Gosling (*sigh*-he's so cute)...it was an ok movie, but not something I'd watch again.
Yesterday Natalie came to visit me on her way home!!! I was so happy to see my beautiful roomie, and I'm glad she came!

Today was a good day, I cleaned the van, Mom and Van did some gardening(beautiful hobby-mom just recently took it up again), Dad...did his own thing like always(same as Karl), Graham did some homework and went for a bike ride with someone from church, and Melissa went to work. so, all in all, fun week-end...

hope everyone had a great week-end too!

Love, Ash

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there
You were very prolific yesterday …...Posting two blogs!

“ Happy Dead Queen Day”!!! .
Now that’s a new one to me!
I have never heard that expression before!
I suppose your generation doesn’t even know who Queen Victoria was !!! LOL!

Sounds like you all had a busy holiday weekend though and that the family were able to get some outside chores done.

I wish we could have done the same here!

Glad you got to spend some time with your old friends and that you and Natalie could have time together again as well.

It will be interesting to hear how the job goes now that the training period is over and you are doing the real thing!! You'll be just great!

At least the new hours are a little better for you as you can travel home in the day light.

I am glad to hear that you were able to get rides for the last shift.

Of course we always worry about you but that is okay isn’t it !!!… You know it’s only because we care!

Hope to see you soon.

Lots of luv Nan

xoxox