8.28.2012

Coconut Curry Soup...

Last night I made this soup, and completely forgot to take a picture.  Let me reassure you that it tasted amazing!  The best part is, I made it from my brain and experience, and this recipe is indeed my own.

Bon appetit!

Ashariv's Coconut Curry Soup
Serves: 4
Time: 30 min

Ingredients:

  • 2 TBSP oil (I used coconut oil, but anything would work)
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 2 TBSP curry
  • 1 TBSP
  • pinch of coriander seeds
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)

  • 1 can of tomato paste
  • 2 carrots
  • 1 can diced tomatoes
  • 1/2 carton vegetable broth (about 2 cups)

  • 1 can black beans
  • 1 can of coconut milk
  • corn (however much you want-I added about 1.5 cups worth)
  • red pepper (I used two small)

  • cilantro (to taste-I used about 2 bunches, but I absolutely LOVE cilantro)


Directions:
1. Heat oil over medium heat.  Add onions and saute for a few minutes (let them soften) before adding spices.  Saute for about two minutes, then add tomato paste, stirring well.  Add carrots, vegetable broth, and tomatoes, and bring to a boil.

2. Lower heat and add black beans, coconut milk, corn, and green pepper, allowing it to simmer for about 15 minutes.

3.  Once carrots are tender, add the cilantro.  Stir, then remove from heat.

**Feel free to use whatever veggies you have on hand.  Take my own advice-experiment :)

Love,
Ashleigh

No comments: