3.05.2012

Eat-Clean Diet Cookbook...

I'm not sure how many of you have heard of Tosca Reno, but she has become famous for many things, not the least of which includes her famous Eat-Clean diet.  This diet is revolutionary because it is simply this:

Eat clean! Stop eating processed sugars and bad fats, and enjoy the vegetables and legumes and lean meats that we have available.

Essentially, everything that we already know we should be doing, she took the time to write a book about it.  I am technically not following this diet, but since I have been trying to eat less processed foods and avoid bad sugars, I have been following it in a roundabout way!

She has come out with a couple of cookbooks which are really excellent.  The reason I love them so much is because they promote recipes that are wholesome and unprocessed, relying on the natural tastes of vegetables and spices to rev up the food.

When I first started this post, I wanted to tell everyone about a really neat recipe, thinking that it came from this cookbook.  I forgot that I found it in a different one, so I'll let the Eat Clean Diet Cookbook be for the moment.

The recipe that I made yesterday was lentil sloppy joes, found in this recipe book.  It's revolutionary, really- just mix cooked green lentils with some chopped up carrots, red pepper, and onion, add some tomato paste, soy sauce, dijon, and ketchup, and voila! You have a delicious sloppy joe mixture.  I added a fried egg to it as well.  Topped with some avocado and pickle slices, and a little bit of grated parmesan, this incredible sandwich is a must-make.

Enjoy!

Love,
Ashleigh

2 comments:

On God's path said...

Like lol

Singinglady said...

Hi Ash
It sounds like you have become very adventuresome with your culinary experiments and as you are coming up with different combinations using the various ingredients that you are working into your new eating regine.
I wish you well and continuing Bon Appetit!
Much love from NAN xoxox