3.20.2012

Apple pie smoothie ...

As some of you may have noticed on Facebook, I have started experimenting with "green" Smoothies.  This simply means that I have been adding some extra green, leafy vegetable to my drink for the added health benefit.  Many people might shy away from the idea, and I completely understand why. Green drinks look like they should taste nasty, plain and simple.  However, I'm happy to say that there is literally no change to the taste, just a delightful  change to your insides.  A friend of mine introduced me to a website that highlights the basics of a green drink, and since then I have been trying to find the perfect combination.   The apple pie smoothie is one that I created, so drink up and enjoy!
Ingredients:
-1 apple of your choice
-1 bunch of greens (kale, spinach, or Swiss chard)
-1 cup milk (any kind... I used almond)
-ice
-cinnamon to taste (I probably used just under a tsp)
Directions :
Cut the apple into wedges and cook in the microwave to soften (about 3-4 min). You can peel it if you desire.  Then blend it all together.  Get creative... I added some raw oatmeal to it as well.  You can also add some sort of sweetener if you desire.
Drink up and get healthy :) 
Love,
Ashleigh
P.s. don't knock it unless you've tried it.  I love Jake's motto: "Try something three times and then decide if you like it or not. "

1 comment:

krystle ann-marie said...

mmm! I love smoothies! I can't wait to try this recipe out for myself :) Thanks for sharing!