3.29.2010

Saved...

I have wanted to watch the movie "Saved" starring Mandy Moore for quite a while now. Let me tell you, my suspense and anticipation for the movie was shattered tonight. I had heard that it was supposed to be a parody about how the world views Christians, and so it was. I could have waded through the reality of life, that people do swear, and smoke, and joke about real life things. This does happen. However, the ending did not sit well with me. The basic premise, when all was said and done, is that God is accepting of us all, that we can keep sinning because He will forgive us no matter what. Yes, God does forgive us. But we still need to take responsibility for our actions, and we are not supposed to make excuses for everything we do. I was rather disappointed in the movie, but I guess I shouldn't have expected very much.

Aside from the movie, however, Jake and I once again put our culinary genius to the test, and whipped up a fantastic dinner of spaghetti. While we made that, we also put a cake on in the oven. It was wonderful, and my belly is so satisfied, my heart is so full...

I was really hoping it was going to be a warm spring day, but there was still a bite in the air. I wore my sandals, hoping upon hopes that my feet would not fall off. Soon God will bless us with warmer weather...

Love,
Ashleigh

No comments: