12.07.2006

I can't believe it's almost the end of the semester! Next week we just have exams left and that's it! I'm so excited!
Last night there was a coffee house here, and it was a Christmas edition. There were many performers, playing guitar, singing, acting, and fun things like that.
I even played a piece on the piano- I was so nervous, haven't played the piano in front of anyone for almost two years. It went surprisingly well,! though, and although I made a few mistakes I covered them up well enough that no one noticed.
Our choir sang as well without our director and acapella. It was so nice and I enjoyed it alot.
Another thing that was so random was what one of our favourite performers asked me to do. When he started playing "Rudolph the Red nosed reindeer" I was to come up onstage and speak in Portuguese until the end of the song. I asked, "well, what do you want me to say?" and he said, "whatever you want!" So I got up there and just started speaking random things in Portuguese, like saying one of the guitar player's guitar was beautiful, saying it was dark outside, random things like that! It was a lot of fun, and even though I knew that no one understood what I was saying, I tried to use inflections in my voice so it would be interesting at least!
What a random night! It was a fun way to spend our last coffee house of the semester.
There were a lot of beautiful and talented acts, and I commend everyone who performed.
I enjoy college coffee houses a lot!
hope everyone has a great day.
Love, Ashleigh

1 comment:

Singing Lady said...

Hi Ash
It sounds like you are having an awesome time at school there.
Granted you have had to work very hard and still have those exams ahead of you but what a challenge you are working through and the experiences you are getting plus the opportunities to use your gifts of music and languages May God continue to be your source of inspiration and strength in the days ahead.
Lots of luv your Nan xoxoxo