12.19.2006

two days until Home time!!!

I have to work today and tomorrow, it is because of this that I'm not going home until Thursday-yet this is how life can get once you get older. You start to get less and less time off for Christmas holidays. However, I have been enjoying these past few days here by myself, crocheting, watching sad movies(which never look sad when I want to watch them and then I get to the end of the movie...aaargh) and eating....eating...eating....oh man, ok, fine, I've been eating candy cane ice cream!!! Almost the whole tub!!! yes, I did share it with one of the girls who was here on Sunday, yet, I have felt rather compelled to eat it...ALL of it. Not too sure if I can handle anymore of it, but I have one more bowl left, and that is for tomorrow.
So, after we finish taking a look at my sliding foot eating habits, we can talk about the LACK OF SNOW!!! ok, I must admit, I have been an advocate of a green Christmas of late, but as we near the date, I start to wonder if I actually will enjoy a green christmas, if I can actually take this shock, this, undue pressure on my heart, this yearning to listen to the sound of snow falling on snow on Christmas day. All in due time, my dear friends...all in due time. Clearly God knows what He is doing, and we just need to trust Him that he will give us snow for Christmas (which is in six days, God, don't forget).
Love, Ash

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HiAsh
I hope you aren’t turning into a red & white peppermint stick after eating all that special flavoured ice cream!
Maybe since you have been on such an eating binge with it, it might be too overwhelming for me to buy it as an added extra to the Boxing Day feast! Then again, you may go into withdrawal symptoms if you don’t have some sort of a follow up pattern to go by! LOL!
Hope you didn’t go through too many Kleenex boxes, as you watched all those tear-jerking movies!
As for the snow…or lack of it, I guess for those who depend on it for their winter livelihood, it is pretty brutal for them right now, It is great travelling weather though and you have to admit that it will make for an easier trip home on Thursday and for the various places you will be going to this weekend!
Okay, maybe we can spring for a light dusting on the 25th, just so we can be in tune with the song.. You know it . “I’m dreaming of a” …fill in the blanks!!
We are excited to have you home too and hope we can share you a wee bit with your family. Lots of luv Nan xoxoxo