12.24.2006

Happy Christmas Eve!

So, as I sit here at home, finished my Christmas shopping and contemplating whether to go and wrap my gifts now or later, I remember-IT'S ALMOST CHRISTMAS!!! A wonderful time of year, one of joy and happiness and an overall sense of peace from everyone.
I have to admit, I was angry today. I was driving, and there were these two boys in the middle of the road and they were ignorant enought to NOT get out of my way when I was driving. The INSOLENSE!!! THE NERVE! seriously, did they want me to hit them? I'm not sure some kids are in their right minds sometimes. The sidewalk was right there beside them; they only had to move one foot to the side. I was angry and frustrated, and felt like running them over. OH dear, nice Christmas spirit-nice CHRISTIAN spirit I should say. At that moment I didn't feel very Christian. It is hard for me to keep my temper in check, however, I need to remember that God wants me to live in a spirit of joy and happiness, because that is what He gave us....an incredible joy! It was found in Jesus when He came down as a baby to Mary, and eventually when He died on the cross to save us. His birth and the begin of His life as a human is the real reason Christians celebrate Christmas. So, as we are opening gifts and visiting with family this Christmas, let's not forget about Jesus, who is still giving peace and joy on earth even now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ash, I must admit to being late , late, (like the 28th) in reading your 24th posting. However by now I am sure your anger at those boys on the road has subsided and you have replace the feeling with the warm fuzzies left over from a wonderful time spent with family and friends these past days and the meditative thoughts of peace and joy of Jesus birth celebrations ringing you heart. I hope so anyway .

May these next days before your return to school for the next semester of studies, fill you with warmth and happiness of quality time spent with your loved ones. Lots of luv Nan xoxoxo