11.30.2006

I heard that it was freezing rain today in my home town- fortunately here it was a nice mist (at times it poured) and warm as warm could be. I love it! I should stop bragging about how nice this town is. Such a change from living in the snow belt!
Next week the cafeteria closes on Wednesday for the holidays, and we have to fend for ourselves until January 8. That will be fine-I enjoy cooking anyways. I'm just going to miss having lunch with my friends :(
I'm having writer's blog tonight-I'm going to keep with the rain theme and type in a poem I wrote on June 14, 2003 entitled "Rain":
Rain.
Big droplets.
Soothing mist.
Washes over me.
Cleanses my soul.
Clouds crying.
No one knows
When tears
Stream down
My face.
Hair
Becomes
Wet.
Clothes
Become
Soaked.
Face looks
Up to
Heaven,
In awe
Of this
Marvelous.....
Rain.
Love, Ashleigh

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:)

Enjoy your beautiful weather.. It is NASTY here... O well it's December!! :-)

Hope your week has gone well!

RA

Singing Lady said...

Hi luv
Cold & raw but bright and clear after yesterday’s downpours and the high winds last night(Friday)
Yes I am two days late reading your blog! Your rain poem was lovely
Since the cafeteria will be closing, maybe you could invite someone to your digs and try out your culinary skills on them!!! Just a thought! Bunches of luv as usual! xoxoxo
Nan