11.27.2006

Well, it's been a month since I last wrote, well almost a month. Thought a new post was long overdue. As we go into this crazy Christmas season, I just wanted to take the time to remind everyone to slow down-and I'm talking to myself as well. It's going to be really hard for me-exams are coming and I have some papers to write still-all in the next two weeks! However, I need to remember to learn to take the time to appreciate the simple things in life, like hearing my favourite song on the radio, watching the first snowflakes fall(when you're inside nice and warm of course!), going grocery shopping with a friend(even if it's for ten minutes), or even just sitting down to a nice cup of tea and relaxing for once.
I know, I know...it seems almost impossible. Which is really unfortunate in North American society. Being in Brasil really opened my eyes to a different lifestyle. If they are late, it doesn't matter. They take the time to talk to people, give a hug, and they enjoy the simple things in life. It's something that is foreign to us way up north. Although it may be out of our comfort zones to slow down, it is totally doable. I believe that God created things for us to enjoy, things like a sunset and sunrise, a flower, or a baby smiling. When we take the time to enjoy them, we are creating an opportunity to remember God and all that He has created and done for us.
I hope everyone of you is doing well, and keeping healthy from all the colds that are going around!
I will try to write more at least before Christmas! haha
Love, Ash

1 comment:

Singing Lady said...

Good to see you back in print .
We were beginning to wonder if you would ever post a blog again! However we realize that the workload is pretty heavy right now and we are not trying to put expectations on you, so don't take that in the wrong way.
Yes it is a sad commentary on our life and society to-day that we are so busy all the time and we do need to come aside and quiet our hearts and smell the roses!
Love you lots Nan xoxoxox