Many awesome things have been happening, but I just want to outline a few of my favourites so far.
1. The limo ride to the airport. Neither Jake nor I have ridden in one, and we felt rather spoiled. It makes sense, though, when you consider how many pieces of luggage we have and the time we had to leave.
2. The hotel room we stayed in today. For 6 hours. It was pretty hilarious, but we left Chicago around 1AM and got to Mexico at 5AM. We wanted to do a little bit of touring, but honestly, we just couldn't handle it with the lack of sleep. The airport's hotel had a rate that only charged you for 6 hours, which was just enough time for us to get rested before our excursion into the city centre.
Isn't it just gorgeous?
3. The way God provided for our needs. In this moment it was the travel situation we encountered before we figured out how to get to the city centre. The hotel concierge told us that there were red buses going to and from the city centre all the time, but, honestly, would you understand this?
The bus driver didn't speak English, but somehow we were able to figure out what he was saying and how to go about purchasing our tickets.
4. The fact that we were able to get out of the airport and have the energy to walk around for 4 hours. In Mexico City, no less!! At first, we were both really bummed to find out about the 18-hr layover, but honestly, we were so grateful to have this time and to get used to traveling together again.
5. Starbucks. It just gives me a sense of happiness whenever I see it! Ever since my very first time heading to Brazil, it's been my own tradition to get Starbucks whenever I travel. I tried a Spanish take on a mango smoothie, and Jake had a delicious chocolate creation. Happiness.
Now, we're just killing time before our flight to Sao Paulo. It's already been delayed until midnight, so we're hoping it doesn't delay too much longer. Please pray for our safety :)
Hope you are doing well. We're thinking of you all and missing you!