9.06.2012

I'm Making Muffins Up in Here...


Last night I had a bad dream.  It wasn't a nightmare, or anything explicitly evil, but it made me uncomfortable and I remember crying when I woke up.

Thankfully, we have an app for that.

Just kidding.

To distract myself, I went for a run, and then decided to bake muffins.  I had a TON of bananas in the freezer, so I made banana oatmeal muffins for Jake, as well as a loaf for, well, some other unknown occasion.

Since I'm still trying to avoid gluten, I found a muffin recipe and substituted a few things for what I had on hand.  To all my gluten-avoiding friends out there, enjoy!


Don't judge a muffin by its exterior.  Jake said they tasted even better than his!

Come on over to the Gluten Free Goddess and check it out!

I substituted:

  • Coconut Oil for the Olive/safflower oil 
  • Brown Rice Flour for the Sorghum Flour
  • 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar for 1 cup 


What I forgot to add:

  • Some sort of nut
  • Chocolate Chips ( I ran out...is that even allowed?!)
Love,
Ashleigh


1 comment:

Singinglady said...

Hi Ash
They sure look good and I am sure Jake has given them a very good taste test.
Giving you an A for being adventurous!
Lots of love NAN xoxo