2.09.2009

Warm Days and the Power Struggle...

I don't know how it was where you all live, but up in here, it was a gorgeous day! Warm, sunny, and blue skies! WE have been blessed for the last 3 days!

I wrote a paper today on my philosophy of education, for my educational theory and practice class. I didn't think I would like that class, but it's actually so interesting! I have been thinking that I want to teach English as a second language for a while, but since starting this class, this passion has blossomed even more so. I can't wait until I can actually get out there and teach!

Tonight at my impact group, we were talking about what we are to be like as women. There were many rabbit trails, but this is the gist of it: basically, women can control men with their words just as much as men can control women with abuse or whatever else. We were talking about how important it is for us, as Christian women, to watch the way we interact with guys. We need to say things to them that will uplift them and encourage them to act like men, instead of "boys". Those who are in relationships also need to remember that God has designed men to be the head in a relationship. That doesn't mean he has the right to boss us around, but it just means that he is the leader, and we need to respect that. It's not a power struggle between the sexes. It's the way God designed us. Neither men nor women can live without each other, because we both bring important things to a relationship.

I will try to be more of an encouraging friend to my guy friends. Not that I'm "not" encouraging, but I'm sure I leave much to be desired in the way I treat them.

We also reminded each other that if we want a man that is godly, we need to focus on our spirituality, because that godly man that we desire will also be looking for a godly woman.

I am so glad we had this discussion tonight. It is good to be reminded of how powerful our actions are.

I hope you have a great night!

Love,

Ashleigh

1 comment:

Singinglady said...

Hi sweetie,

When I go out for the day things really get ahead for my mail replies.



Although I read your last two this morning, when I went back to night to reread them, I see you have another one, which has been added today well



SOOO….

I will leave you a brief comment on each and hope that will suffice for tonight!



I am glad that you are keeping ahead on your assignments and that your course is proving to be more interesting than you were expecting and thought provoking as well.



It is good to set goals for yourself and if teaching English as a second language is something that appeals to you, I hope that things will work out for you to pursue this idea.



It sound like your impact group has also got you thinking along some very important lines for relationships with others, both male and female.

Setting goals and standards for your future in that regard is also very good for you.

I will move on now to the next blog XOXO NAN