9.23.2006

Missions Moments and a Concert

Every Friday night at my school(maybe it's every other Friday night) the missions committee brings in someone to talk about missions. Last night a representative from Wycliffe Bible Translators came...he had a really good presentation, and he doesn't actually do the translation, but his specialty is linguistics, so he was showing us different things to do with that. It was really interesting. There was also someone there who has been in Brasil for 11 years, and came back a year ago, so I could speak some Portuguese to him(although he doesn't remember as much as he used to)
Then after that, we hosted a concert here last night, but it was all screamo Christian rock stuff...very interesting, let me tell you. I don't really like it. Two guys that we go to school with, Drew and Kevin, are in a band that isn't screamo, it's actually really good, and they're playing in Peterborough tonight. So after the concert was over, they were practicing with their band for tonight for about an hour. Me and some of the girls from my dorm(about 5 of us) went into the chapel to watch them practice...they are REALLY REALLY GOOD!!!! Honestly I would buy a CD of theirs. It's so cool when I think about it, I go to school with 2 of these guys! Apparently a record label offered to sign them on, but Drew said he would only do that if they were a big record label. He said he'd drop out of school so fast and just do his band...hey I would too if I were that good in a band!!! They're awesome!
Anyways, I have to go and do some homework.
Love, Ash

1 comment:

Singing Lady said...

Hi Ash .
A day late again, to read this here.
We had a busy weekend at this end too. Got to go to the Bill Gaither concert at Air Canada Center last night. – a fabulous evening !
That was cool that you got to talk to some one from Wycliffe and use your Portuguese. Hope that more opportunities come so you won’t lose your skills.
Sounds like a great concert.
Glad you are still finding time to post your blogs. It helps us to keep in touch with your activities.
Lots of luv Nan xoxo