3.31.2006

Oi, gente!!! How's it going? I'm doing fine today. You know, I heard somewhere that Brasil has the most beautiful skies...being here long enough, I'd have to agree. God is the most creative painter. Every day that we go out, I never see the same cloud formation, the same types of clouds, or the same colours. It is so beautiful that I have to stop and thank God for how wonderful He is. Even when it is raining and there is a huge thunderstorms, the clouds are so dramatic and beautiful. I definitely have to take some pictures of them for you so you can see what they look like. It truly is amazing. Today we went to Águas Lindas and I wore shorts even though it was cooler. I had a feeling that the sun would come out eventually, and it did! Graça sort of left me in charge of the classes today. She taught the first one, and then she told me that I have to practice giving instructions in Portuguese, so she let me handle the other three classes. (Thank goodness it was just review sheets!! Although I know that she would never let me teach grammar until I spoke better Portuguese) Let me tell you, it's one thing teaching them how to pronounce words in English, but it's a whole other thing when you've got 15 kids teaching you how to pronounce the word "Paragraph" in Portuguese. I think I can finally pronounce "parágrafo" after trying it out like a million times. It was so funny! I found something out today...one of the little girls I was attached to in November, told me that she wasn't there to say "goodbye" to us when we left because she didn't know we were leaving that day! I had wondered where she was then, and it made me sad knowing that she was thinking she'd never get to see me again. But she told me today that she's glad I'm back, and she'll come to the project every day I'm there so she can see me. She speaks very fast, so it's hard for me to understand her, but she's so cute.
For all you people who are interested in cars, there are very few people here who drive automatic cars. Almost everyone drives standard. It's very odd! And, the only people who drive vans are people who shuttle for schools and people who maybe need it to carry their work tools in and stuff. Everyone else drives little cars, and some mini pickup trucks.
Anyways, it's time to go...Love to you all! Love, Ash :)

1 comment:

Singing Lady said...

Hi Sweetie; Each time you post your daily experiences, it gives us just a glimpse of what your life is like there and we can try to picture it thorugh your eyes.
You will have so much to tell us when you get home!
Lots of luv, Nan