3.14.2006

Sorry I haven´t been able to write the past few days. The family computer broke down, so they have to get it fixed. Right now I´m at the Graça´s Yale English School, using their computer. On Sunday, Graça and I went to the International church in Brasília, and it is an English speaking church, so that was nice. Then all the family came to Graça´s house for lunch, including some friends, so it was a noisy afternoon. When everyone left, Graça and I went out for a walk before church, and then we went to a Portuguese speaking church that started at 7:30. It was a little bit overwhelming, and the pastor was very loud, but I´m sure eventually I will understand what they are saying in church!
Yesterday morning(monday) everyone but me and Vera went out, but Vera was doing her thing, the laundry or whatever, so I did some cross stitch for a while. Then I got really bored, so I went for a walk on Graça´s street. It was nice and hot, almost too hot. André and Celça came over with the kids again...just in time for lunch of course. So I got to visit with them, and then in the afternoon I went to the English school for 2 classes with Andréa and Cristina. I have my schedule for what I will be doing now. On mondays, Graça and I will be having a Portuguese class for just her and I, and then 2 classes in the afternoon with Andréa and Cristina. On Tuesdays, one class in the morning, and 3 in the afternoon, until 6:30 at night! YIKES! Wednesday is vôo livre, and then Thursday is one class in the morning and 3 in the afternoon, just like Tuesdays. And on Friday it´s Vôo Livre again. I will just be helping Andréa and Cristina with whatever they want me to do. Right now I´m just watching them.
So, things are going well in that respect, however, I still have my cold, and such a bad cough still. It´s especially bad in the mornings from 6-7, when I first wake up, and I feel like I´ll wake the house up with the noise of it. I´ve been taking some stuff for it, but am not feeling any better. So, please just pray for me, because I hate being sick! So, I´ll talk to you all later, and hope that you are doing well!
Love, Ash :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you must be an hour ahead of us cuz it's only 9:41 here and your post says 10:36! lol to think I just missed you :-( hope you feel better soon!

have fun!!!!!!

Annie ;-)

Singing Lady said...

Yo Ash,
Sounds like you had a busy Sunday with the two church services and all the family company.
I am sure it won't be too long before you will start to pick up the language and will be easier to understand the evening services.
Now that you have your school schedule in place, that should help as well.
Just wish you could get rid of the cough though and start to feel better physically.
We will pray that will happen soon!
Luv ya lots xoxoxo Nan
PS: Sorry I can't find some more Portuguese expressions to include here!!
How was your lamb dinner on Sunday?

Anonymous said...

hey stranger!!! happy to hear u're doing well....except for that cold! i miss u incredibly and its only been a week...ohh well...i'll try and live...hehe...anywhoo...so much has gone on here and i'll tell ya later! anywhoo...lots of love to ya! bye...love me!!!! hehehe