5.15.2013

The Smell of Freshly Baked Bread...

After a few weeks going without, I finally decided to make some bread today.  I love how convenient bread makers are, and yet I still find excuses not to make a loaf every week.  We don't buy bread anymore, because homemade bread is just that good (especially for grilled cheese sandwiches!).

I'm starting to see how working full time saps any energy people have for cooking/baking, and I'm feeling a real need to have baking days so I can just get everything out of the way all at once. I have so much more joy and delight in cooking on the weekend.  There's no pressure, there isn't the fatigue hanging over you from working all day, and you can relax while you're measuring ingredients, rather than flying through the recipe during a 5 or 10 minute break.

I've started making the main meal of the day at lunch, like we did in Brazil.  My work hours span over the dinner hour, so after 8pm we usually eat a light dinner such as eggs, or leftovers.  I know that everything will get easier over time, once we get used to new routines and schedules.  My body is still being accustomed to waking up at 4:30am every day!

Love,
Ashleigh

No comments: