5.07.2013

Because Goals...

They're important, no doubt.  They're what keep you on track when you've got a big project or assignment, and they give you focus like nothing else.

Even though I'm not supposed to lose any weight during pregnancy, I certainly don't want to gain too much. Even though I have been keeping a close watch on how many treats I allow myself, I think it's been getting a little out of hand.  Subconsciously I have been sabotaging my best efforts, and I have heard myself making small excuses like, I'm pregnant.

WOAH WOAH WOAH...stop right there.

Being pregnant does NOT give me the license to fill my body with junk.  I want to keep a clean-eating attitude while still allowing treats here and then, as well as maintaining a healthy exercise regime (since I do A LOT more sitting now that I'm working.)

So, my goal this week is to have one treat every other day.  I don't want to cut out my sweet treats completely, because, let's face it, I would cave and maybe eat more in the end.  I'm giving myself permission to enjoy the treats, while still being healthy AND watching my pregnancy weight gain at the same time.  

Today is a treat day, and I'm going to make a lemon pudding cake in my crock pot for dessert.

Lemon Pudding Crock Pot Cake
picture source unkown

Looks delicious, no ?

Love, 
Ashleigh

No comments: