4.02.2013

Groceries on $50: Part 3

So I would like to avoid this blog altogether, but since I am being accountable for my expenditures I will go ahead and type out the despicable total from the week's grocery shop: $66.50
There, now that's out in the open.  I have no idea what  happened.  The recipes aren't expensive, and I even had many of the ingredients at home.  I'll blame it on the sale-priced chicken that I bought for next week's meals and the cold weather.



  
Signature Fonts

Tuesday-Red Kidney Bean Curry (Ramjah) with Jasmine rice
Wednesday- Creamy Tomato Mushroom Pasta with chicken
Saturday- Roasted Cauliflower Garlic Soup (using leftover broccoli stems in place of celery) with homemade bread
Sunday-Leftovers

Snacks-Hummus and vegetables

Grocery List:
  • Whole wheat tortillas
  • Dried chickpeas
  • Canned diced tomatoes x2
  • Tomato sauce
  • Tahini
  • Carbonated water
  • Russet potatoes
  • Carrots
  • Pears
  • Green peppers
  • Raisin bran cereal
  • Chicken thighs
  • Red peppers
  • Sliced mushrooms
  • Baby spinach
  • Cauliflower
  • Iceberg Lettuce
  • Cucumber
  • Tomatoes
  • Garlic
  • Bananas
  • Almond milk
  • Eggs
  • Unsweetened coconut
  • Coffee
  • Vegetable bouillon cubes
As you can see, there really isn't anything outstanding in the list, and I even went through the flyer to find deals beforehand.  I am completely stumped as to the increase in cost this week.

I'm very excited for hummus and the pasta dish this week.  Last week's favourite, for me, anyways, was the Olive Oil pasta with Walnuts, Lentils, and Red Peppers.  It was so creamy and satisfied my need for much pasta.

Happy cooking, and bon appetit!

Love,
Ashleigh

2 comments:

Erika said...

Hey! I am really enjoying this series! your weekly meal plans have some great ideas!!

Erika said...

hey! I have been really enjoying reading this series and your meal plans have some great ideas!