4.30.2013

Bright and Early...

Well, it's certainly been a long time since I've seen you from this side of the morning.  Four-thirty is an ungodly hour to wake, especially to be alert for teaching, but here I am.  You can tell it's a holiday tomorrow- I've already had 3 absentees.  I have a feeling they're getting their drink on, while I'm the annoying teacher, reminding them that they have English to learn.

On the plus side, I have tonight and tomorrow morning off.  It's been a long time since I haven't had to work an evening during the week, so I'm looking forward to this small reprieve.

I now have 38 students in total.  I've been praying for God to provide, since I get paid per student per lesson.  Let me tell you, meeting eleven new students in a row and introducing myself to them when they might not even care can be interesting, but that's not even my favourite part.  I love the next lesson, the day after, when we're no longer strangers and I can ask about how their day is going and how was the movie last night?. I think there is something about being a teacher that reaches out to my inner celebrity, if that is even a thing.  I have always loved the feeling of walking into a classroom and knowing that my students are excited to see me and to learn what I have prepared for the day.  It does sound a little bit narcissistic, I know, but it helps to keep my energy up when I know my students have high expectations for me.

Jake told me last night that he was happy we have an office, since now I leave my work in the office.  But sometimes, I can't help talking about work all the time.  It's such a fascinating job, and I have incredible students, and I couldn't have asked for a better situation than this.  It's amazing what happens when God provides-He fulfills our lives in ways we could never have imagined.

Love,
Ashleigh

No comments: