2.02.2007

God's Goodness

I always knew and know that God is a great God, but honestly, that was proved this week. My grandpa had a heart attack, and we all know that those aren't to be taken lightly. God was gracious, and gave us another chance, more time to spend with him. He is fine, gracas a Deus(thanks to God), and he went home from the hospital today. Things like this make you take a step back and realize, "no, I really don't know when I'm going to die. It could be today or tomorrow, but we have to be ready for it". We have to live each day to the fullest, and not take God for granted even. He has given this life to us, and it is Him that can take it from us. It's how we use it that counts. Are we glorifying Him? Am I glorifying Him in everything that I do each day? In the things that I say and do? I can only pray and hope so.
I just want to say, because I know that life is short, that to anyone who reads my blogs, I love you! Just want you to know!
Love, Ash

1 comment:

Singing Lady said...

Dear Ash,
That was indeed a shock to everyone about your Grandpa and we are so thankful that he has come though the ordeal and returned home safely. Our prayers will be with him and with Oma in the days ahead, as he makes adjustments in his life style and recuperates.
It is quite hard at times to come to grips with the fragility of our lives and when something like this happens, it brings us up short and makes us look at how we are living our lives day to day and if we are preparing ourselves for that day when each one of us will no longer be here.
We love you too and we will pray that as you continue to walk daily with the Lord, that He will indeed direct your paths and draw you ever closer to Him.
All luv
Nan