2.15.2007

I haven't written for a little over a week now, and I'm going through withdrawal. I don't have time to write much today, but I just thought I would share a recent poem I wrote.

My eyes water-
My heart clenches-
My throat is parched-
I cry out to God.

He is my Saviour-
My Lord, my King-
Yet I am so human-
So full of sin.

Where's my desire
To spend time with Him?
Why do I wait
So long to give in?

My head says "Surrender!"
My heart replies "NO!"
It seems so easy
To live on my own.

God is there waiting,
Ready for me-
His arms are wide open-
They'll set me free.
-AshWin-

I hope this poem touched your heart today-I have been learning much this past year about myself, and how much I have come to depend on ME instead of God. But He is there for me, whether I am there or not!
Love, Ash

1 comment:

Singing Lady said...

Hi Ash
Your poem to-day indeed touches our heart and we can see from it that God certainly has His hand on you and is seeking to draw you closer to Him.
In your heart you know He is always there, but the ways of the world are such these days, that the struggle between these forces and God are pulling in opposite directions trying to make it look as if you can do things in your own strength.
Try to keep you focus on Him and look to His Word for your daily strength against the forces that would keep you away from Him.
Lots of love Nan xoxo