1.29.2007

First Day of Missions Conference

Every year at my school, around this time in January, we host a missions' conference for 3 days. Starting tonight, today is the first day. I am so excited, because there are going to be so many missionaries here, and so many fun activities to do. For example, tonight one missionary will be coming into each of our impact groups and talking to us in that small group setting. Then, tomorrow night after a full day of seminars and talking with the missionaries, we are going to have an international soccer tournament! I signed up for team South America...I am looking forward to this so much! Then Wednesday is going to be much like Tuesday throughout the day, but at night there is a cake auction and an international dinner. This will be the last day of the conference, and it will be sad to see it end. I have to work tomorrow, but thankfully not on Wednesday so I can make full use of the time the missionaries are here. I am really excited about this, and the mission's committee has gone full out decorating and things like this. They have made posters of the theme verse, Matthew 24:14, in many different languages and posted them up(I did the one for Portuguese) and they have put up many flags from countries around the world in the chapel, and guess what? They have a Brasilian flag up! I was so happy to see that! Classes have been cancelled and everyone is expected to participate in this event. I can't wait for tonight!
Last night, after I babysat for a service that goes on here Sunday nights, I went and played soccer in the gym for about and hour and a half. I'm feeling so much better, but there's still a lot of running involved in that game, so I left early because I couldn't breathe! haha...it was so good to play though, I have missed playing it since I have been sick for so long. One of our girls tripped though, during the game, and hurt her ankle. They took her to the hospital just to make sure she was ok.
I hope everyone has a wonderful week...
Love, Ash

1 comment:

Singing Lady said...

Hi Again,
I just got caught up on the backlog from last Wednesday and refreshed your site before I closed of and found yet another blog!
How prolific you have been this week and it has been good to read about the various activities that have taken place these last few days.
It sounds like you will have a wonderful time during the Missions Conference and we will pray that it will be an uplifting experience as you participate in the various activities that will be taking place.
Glad you were also able to get a bit of athletic activity in as well and I am sure the international games will be fun as you represent South America.
Good you could make a welcome poster up for Brazil as well. Enjoy your week!
Lots of luv Nan