1.28.2007

Choir and Count of Monte Cristo

Today was an awesomely fun day. We went to a church and performed for choir for both of the morning services. It was a very good day, and then on the way home, a bunch of us sat at the back of the bus and took turns reading a story to one another. I love doing that so much! I thought it was very thoughtful that some women from the church provided lunch for us afterwards. It was delicious, and only just now I remembered that I forgot to thank them for doing that for us. When we go back to school, me and some other people watched the movie "The Count of Monte Cristo". Watching that movie made me think how much bitterness can ruin a person's life. One of the main characters in the movies through away his friend's life because he was jealous and bitter and coveted everything his friend had. Years later, although he has everything he could ever want in life(including his "best friend's" true love), he has become so embittered and only wants that much more in life. It's scary to think that bitterness can take over someone's life to that extent. I only pray that God will keep my heart humble, not lettting bitterness corrupt me as well.
Love, Ashleigh

1 comment:

Singing Lady said...

Dear Ash,
Glad to hear that your singing presentations went so well for both services and that you enjoyed the lunch provided for you afterwards.
Sounds like the rest of the day was fun too and that even in the watching of your movie that you were able to also glean some thoughts about harbouring bitterness that you can apply to your life as well.
Lots of luv Nan