1.25.2007

Some thoughts...

I read something for homework last night that I thought was really amazing: "In whatever vocation, we are called to bear the image of the Creator"
It's not like I had never heard anything like this before, but it made an impact on me especially last night. God created humans in his image. As a Christian, however, I have a responsibility to show who God is to the world. This doesn't necessarily mean in the things I say, but also in how I act and what I do. The quote especially reminded me that I need to be content even in my job. It doesn't matter that I don't like working at my job...most of the time anyways. That's not the main reason why I am there. God wants to use me to show his love and who He is and was as a Creator to those who don't know him. That is a powerful thought when I actually think about it. People watch Christians. People watch me. They watch me in what I do and say, and they notice when I am sad, angry, upset, and generally in a bad mood. They notice when I am happy and excited. If I am going to be a Christian who wants to show God to the world, I need to be content in where I'm at. Certainly that's easier said than done. Of course I have my bad days, where I don't feel like being happy, when it's just been an overall bad day. But God wants me to show love through my life. He wants me to show those who aren't Christians what it's like to be one, and how He can change their lives. That said, I sure have my work cut out for me!
It's not going to be easy and I sure know that I will slip up many times, in fact, I will probably slip up today. However, God is my Creator. He knows what I'm like...He knows what you are like. And that is a comforting thought!
Love, Ash

1 comment:

Singing Lady said...

Dear Ash,
Profound thoughts here to day and glad to hear that you are being sensitive to His Spirit speaking to you as you work.
Indeed as Christians we are always being watched by the world and even though we sometimes are going through difficult days we need to strive to reflect the love of Jesus to those around us.
Lots of luv Nan