7.23.2013

Talk to Me...

Day 8: A piece of advice you have for others. Anything at all.

Communication is key.  

I bet you're rolling your eyes right now because you've heard this so many times.  I don't really care.  I'm going to say it again, because maybe the more I hear it, the more I will remember, too.  

This past weekend I had a chance to travel to my hometown.   My sister and her family, one set of grandparents, and my parents and siblings live there, not to mention many friends from my childhood and church.  Usually Jake and I go up for one night and two days, but we were there for three nights and four days.  Already things were unusual.  Add to that a little bit of confusion over who's preparing meals, where we're staying, when we're spending time with people...

Let's just say, it's never a bad idea to over-communicate.  It makes things much simpler when everyone knows what is going on, and eases the stress and tension of unclear situations.

Love, 
Ashleigh


No comments: