7.12.2013

Me, Myself, and I...

Day 1: The story of your life in 250 words or less (or one paragraph... no one will be counting your words... probably)

I guess the story of my life should begin at the start.  Born a preemie, I weighed only 2 pounds 7 ounces and was in the hospital for two months before my parents were able to cuddle and take care of me.  Now that I am pregnant, I can more clearly understand the intense emotions that would accompany that kind of separation between a mother and her baby. The Lord has proved Himself Saviour in my life time and again, starting from that rude awakening into this crazy world and continuing to take me through some of the most intense rides that have honed my character and shaped me into the woman I am today.  Many of my childhood memories are blissful, and as I reminisce on days spent outdoors at our country rental homes-climbing trees, building snowmen with my mom and sister, and playing with our dogs- I feel blessed to have experienced so much happiness and freedom.  After my family's move to the city when I was 8 years old, I quickly adapted into the city girl most of you know me as today, with only a few remnants remaining of that country sunshine, forest-exploring, dirt-loving inner child that I used to be.  High-school is a blip on my memory radar, with nostalgic memories of band, Latin class, and boys.  Spending almost six months in Brazil when I was nineteen years old was probably the most highly intensive character-building and shaping moment of my life, and when I returned home everything started to turn around-for better. I went to Bible college, met my husband, Jake, spent some time in the hospital again, and am now an online ESL teacher and expecting my first child.  Could life get any crazier and amazing than this?  In about two and a half months I will be able to place a big YES in response to that question, but holding my child in my arms for the first time will be more than worth it.  The Lord continues to surprise me every step of the way, and I know He holds the ongoing story of my life in His hands, since He is the one who has written down every jot and tittle.

I can't wait to see what else He has in store!

Love, 
Ashleigh    

No comments: