7.26.2013

Red in the Face...

Day 10: Most embarrassing moment (s). Spill. 

I must confess, I actually hate questions like this. A lot. It's mostly because I can't remember any embarrassing moments. Perhaps there is a secret vault in my mind where I store the things I want to forget because, let's face it, who wants to remember the toilet paper trailing behind a shoe, or tripping in front of a crush? (Thankfully those things have never happened to me...oh, wait.)

There have been many times I've embarrassed myself in front of people, said things that brought high colour to my cheeks, made my friends laugh at me, and had many awkward toilet clogging moments over the years (trust me, you'll remember those too if it was at your house.)

I've decided to share with you one highly embarrassing time that I still remember vividly.  I was in Grade 9, and I was walking to Zehrs on a lunch break with a couple of my friends.  I can't exactly remember who was with me because the mortification of what happened shames me to this day.  It was a grey, cloudy day, but the anticipation of food spurred us on.  There is this church in my hometown on the main road with a big metal sign out front displaying the church's name and logo.  The sign is a significant size, it's black, it's wide, it's...yeah, you can't miss it.  Unless you're me.  Unless you walked into the sharp, black metal corner, gouging your head and requiring Nana to drive you to the ER for two stitches.  

Two stitches!!

Maybe the reason I remember it so vividly is that I can still feel and see the little white scar on my head when I make a part in my hair.  Maybe it's because I should have been watching where I was going.  Maybe it's because I lost cool points in front of my friends.  

Whatever the case, I will never forget that moment.

Love, 
Ashleigh


No comments: