11.23.2011

Swim Like a Fishy...

A month ago I wrote about how I was going to test out a gym membership.  It was quite a successful month; I went to the gym about 5 times a week.  Jake and I decided that it would be a good idea for me to renew my membership for this month.

One of the workouts that I am enjoying the most is swimming laps.  Ever since I was 17 years old, I have stopped and started with this particular form of exercise.  Trying to get back into it this time seemed to be a little more difficult than when I did it for two months in 2010.  My form was terrible.  My lungs were gasping for air.  My arms felt like dead-weights.

I happen to know the lifeguard who works there, and she has been in the habit of giving me some tips on how to improve.  This morning she gave me a pleasant surprise when she asked me, "Do you feel yourself getting better?"  I thought for a moment, and realized that, why yes, I do feel like I have been getting more comfortable in the water as I can focus more on the motions than just trying to breathe.  She confirmed that by saying that she's started to notice the difference in my technique.  I was both encouraged and pleased to hear this.

Love,
Ashleigh

No comments: