9.07.2007

Second Year Student=Sophmore?

Ok, so I haven't written in a while, and I apologize about that. I don't have internet in my room yet, and the internet was down on all of campus for about 2 days, so that made everyone go crazy as you can well imagine.

School has been going great so far. I had registration on Tuesday, and my first class, General Psychology, was yesterday at 8:15 in the morning. My other classes don't start until next Monday.

I got a job working in the school library. It's not a lot of hours, only 8 hrs a week, but it's enough to keep me going this year. I'm excited to start(this Tuesday morning) and we shall see how it turns out.

I love my roommate...she's really cool, AND she's 100% Dutch; her name is Tena. She's very proud of her Dutch heritage, but unfortunately she only understands it, so I can't learn any. However, we are getting along awesomely, as well as with the other girls in my room. It's been nice getting to know the freshmen this week.

I have been unbelieveably hyper this week, so I have been feeling quite tired as I go from bouncing off the walls to quiet spells. It's crazy, but I'm so happy to be here again.

I'm really excited about what God has in store for this year. The plan is to pay attention more in class than I did last year, and to actually LEARN something at college.

It's so awesome to hang out with all my friends and to make more friends. Yesterday was a packed day, complete with playing soccer AND volleyball, first day of classes, and going to a Thai restaurant-it was pretty amazing. I chose to begin exercising again after my...ahem...MONTH sabbatical...and I'm SOOOO sore today. However, it was good.

I can't wait for Sunday becuase I'm going to a Brazilian church!!! I met a Spanish lady named Carla at school on Registration day, and she said she and her husband go there. I asked her if she could take me and my friend Jess this Sunday. I'm so excited! She said the service is all in Portuguese, so I'm really pumped! I'll tell you all how it went.

Ok...so I hope that everyone is doing well. Please pray for my Poppa, as his surgery went well but now he is in ICU again with complications. Pray for Nana too, as I can imagine that she is quite worried...
Love to all!
Ash xoxoxox

No comments: