3.02.2007

World Day of Prayer 2007

Today was an awesome day. It was the World Day of Prayer, I'm not sure if anyone has heard of it. It's when people around the world gather together to ... pray for the world! Seeing as all my midterms are done and I wasn't doing much today, I decided to say yes to speaking at a church about Brasil for this day of prayer. It was my cousin Donna's church in the big TO, and I was so excited for yet another chance to go to Toronto.

Donna and I went out for lunch at the Mongolian Grill, which is one of the coolest restaurants I've ever been to in my life. It's like a mix of a Chinese buffet with a stir-fry place, where you can pick whatever you want to put in your stir-fry. Plus desserts. MMMMMMMMMMMmm.. it was absolutely delicious! Thank you Donna! If no one has ever been to this restaurant, you have to go and check it out!

When we got to the church, I found out something-I was the only one who was going to be speaking! I thought that I was only one of many people doing a reflection about something, but nope. All eyes were on me! It was a good time of readings, and prayer, and reflecting on the importance of unity. It was nice to meet the people who came afterwards, and some of them know my grandparents...on both sides of my family. I feel kind of famous, and I'm glad that they made a good impression on these people before I met them. haha!

Ok, well it's going to be bed time soon. I have a busy day ahead of me tomorrow...filled with much homework and research to be done. Woot!

Hope everyone has a great night...if anyone even reads this before bed.

Love, Ash

2 comments:

Singing Lady said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Singing Lady said...

Hi Ash ;
So glad to hear that you had such a good day in TO for your first speaking engagement at cousin Donna’s church.
I didn’t realize that it was the World Day of Prayer and it was great for you to be able to share your experiences in Brazil and also meet some of our friends from when we lived and attended church there.
Donna would be very proud to have you representing the family in this way..
She and Pops have always been so close to one another and she has always enjoyed being together with our family for all the special occasions. It sounds like you had a good lunch as well! Hmm!
I forgot to add a comment yesterday about running next year for the Student Cabinet.
That will be a wonderful experience for you as you step out in to another project and out of your comfort zone! You will do just great!
We will add this to our prayer list for you!
Lots of luv Nan xoxox