3.01.2007

MID-TERMS ARE OVER!!!!

It has been a while since I've written a blog. Exactly one week in fact. Well, I went home and was planning on coming back on Saturday night, but my family is very persuasive, and I ended up staying until Sunday. It was my Dad's birthday on Saturday night though, and it would have been too rushed to celebrate with him if I had left that night. It's times like these that I wish I had my G2, so that I could drive myself places!

It turned out to be awesome that I stayed till Sunday though. I had some sweet bonding times with one of my beautiful sisters. We went out for lunch at Kelsey's and used up our sweet gift certificates from Tim's!! ya! Next time I go home I have to spend some time with Vanessa...I feel bad because I think she felt a little left out of our little sisterhood. Another totally awesome and random thing that happened was I got to visit a friend I used to work with at Tim Horton's!! Varsha and her husband are East Indian, and I was so excited to see them because it's been a year! She's now eight months pregnant, due sometime this month. She is ecstatic, and I'm so happy for both of them. What a wonderful thing to reconnect with them again!

This week has been interesting. I have written three mid-term exams, and worked, and that's pretty much it. I'm glad it's over. I'm not going to class tomorrow morning (which I am disappointed about because I really like that class) but I'm going to Toronto so that will be fun.

Please pray for me. This semester has been really hard on me, and even though the pressures of mid-terms are off, I still have quite a few assignments to do for the end of March, as well as getting ready for finals. I need all the prayer I can get right about now!

Another thing to pray about...I was thinking about applying to be on our Student Cabinet (STUCA) next year as Secretary/Treasurer. Then, the President of STUCA came by the other day and told me the executive had nominated me. So next week the student body will be voting for the different positions on STUCA, and I really would like to do this. I have never felt so excited to do this kind of thing before...come to think of it I have never done anything like this before. It's kind of like stepping out of my comfort zone, but I am ready for it! I'm so excited and can't wait to see what God will bring next week!

If any of you have prayer requests, just add a comment and I will do my best to pray for you. I hope everyone has a great night!

Love, Ash

1 comment:

Singing Lady said...

Hi Ash;
Well you did it again!
I checked all week to see if you had an entry and then I miss a couple of days and you sneak them in on me!
That’s okay though, as I get to read three days worth at one crack and I will try to leave a wee comment on each one for you!

There was a lot to read in this one and I am glad that things went so well for you on your trip home last weekend.
I am sure the extra day was also good to be able to have the extra family time for Dad;s birthday and the dinner “date “ with Mel and also to have a time with your East Indian friends.
It is good to stay in touch with people and share the happy times in their lives as they anticipate the new arrival in their family. I know that Vanessa will look forward to having a special time with you on another trip home.
It sounds like the heavy work load of mid terms has taken a bit of a toll on you, but with them behind you, you can continue to plug away at the next phase of assignments in preparation for the final exams later on.
Please know that we are praying for you and will continue to do so through the weeks ahead.
Lots of luv Nan xoxox