1.10.2010

In the palm of His hands...

This morning Pastor Dave was preaching from John 10: 24-42. He has been making his way through John for the past 6 months or so. In this passage, the Jews were asking Jesus to tell them again who He was, as if He hadn't told them a million and one times before. He told them that they did not believe because they were not His, they did not belong to Him.

John 10:27-29 :
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is great than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand.

Pastor Dave brought two major points out of these verses:

1.)If I am a believer, Satan wants to snatch me from God's hand. There is no doubt about it. We, as believers, are constantly going to be attacked by Satan because we stand for everything he is against. This means that we have to take our Christian walk seriously, and get into God's Word to surround ourselves with thoughts of Him.

HOWEVER

2.) If I know that Jesus knows me, and God is greater than all, including Satan, then I can go into any circumstance with boldness and know that no one is going to snatch me from His hand!! Just IMAGINE what a testimony our lives could be for God if we weren't afraid of witnessing to people, or putting ourselves in a dangerous situation for the sake of the Gospel??

We have so much freedom in knowing that. I think we get so caught up in our fears which debilitate us and keep us from doing all that God has in store for us. I feel so good in knowing that I can do anything without worrying that I will be taken away from God. He chose me, and He wants me to be His follower.

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He CHOSE us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved.
-Eph. 1: 3-6

My desire is that I will let God lead me and use me, and that I will continue to grow in Him every day and become a more godly woman and a light to the people around me!

O Lord, I know the way of man is not in himself; It is not in man who walks to direct his own steps. O Lord, correct me, but with justice; Not in your anger, lest You bring me to nothing.
-Jeremiah 10:23-24

Love,
Ashleigh


No comments: