1.09.2010

Crisp like an apple...

I went for a walk this afternoon. I had been watching the sun from my window all day, it seemed, and finally decided to get out and enjoy it. The air was crisp, and cool, and dare I say, refreshing. I don't enjoy winter much, but the past few days I have been experiencing it in a different way. I breathed in the cold and felt it rushing into my lungs, filling them up with life. The cold is invigorating in a way that the heat simply is not, and it makes you want to enjoy life to the fullest. On Thursday, Jake and I were chasing and throwing snow at each other, and I felt so alive! The frigidity seemed to reach all the way to my fingertips and toes, but I could still feel the oxygen flowing through my veins. I felt like a child running around like that; I also felt like a woman in love, and my heart was almost exploding with love for the man chasing me.

I have seen God in so much lately, and have a lot to be thankful for. Even though most of the time it seems as if my world is crashing down around me, I still see God right there, holding up the foundation. He is providing my daily bread, and all I can do is wait on him to continue to show me every day the path I should take.

He is the one who gives the life to my every breath. The cold air accentuates that breath, and makes me want to breathe even deeper and experience the rush of cold to the depths of my lungs.

Breathe God in. Breathe in His Word. The Word of Life. It will satiate you in a way nothing else has or ever will!

Love,
Ashleigh

No comments: