10.14.2009

Work and Chocolate...

I am sitting here in the office at work, eating delicious Xocai Chocolate and taking a little break before I continue on with my jobs for the night. I enjoy working in the library, but I have decided that shelving books is quite a hassle. I believe I glorified my memories of working here before- and yet I am simply grateful for this job!

Last night I was convicted of spending too much time on the internet i.e. wasting time. I could spend hours looking for music and aimlessly searching around for things to waste my time with. I do not want to be the kind of woman who squanders my time. I want to have a purpose, and I want to glorify and focus on God in everything that I do. I was encumbered by the fact that I have been treating music like it was my idol. When I can spend more time on the internet than I can reading my Bible and getting into the Word, then I have some serious issues going on here.
I don't want to be a fake Christian, nor do I want to be weak. I want to be a strong Christian, and I want to know what God says and believe it, so that I can share it with others. I sincerely hope this is not something that I have learned this week that simply flies out the window next week. I want to embrace these truths and become truly and deeply passionate about my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Love,
Ashleigh


1 comment:

Singinglady said...

Hi my darling
I too have been eating the Xocai Chocolate, which your mom has asked me to try and see if it gives me any relief for my dystonia.

Unlike most people, I DO NOT like chocolate but I have agreed to give it a trial run.

I am eating them as your mom instructed but I really do not like them but that is just me!

I think we are all guilty for spending too much time on the trivials of the internet and I hope that as you have set your goals to spend more time in the Word that you will not be distracted and that you will pursue the ultimate goals of becoming a stronger Christian who will be an example to others as you reach out to share the Lord with them.

I am glad that you have this job in the library even though it is a bit mundane at times.

Have a great day
Love you so much XOXO NAN

THE "OUR FATHER" PRAYER:

Do I Really Mean What I Pray?


Examine how well you live what you pray as you meditate on the following:

I cannot say OUR if I keep my faith only to myself and never share it with
Others.

I cannot say FATHER if I do not trust in His loving and complete concern for
Me, forgetting that He always answers prayers how and when He knows is best.

I cannot say WHO ART IN HEAVEN if I am so attached to the ways of this world
That I neglect to seek God first in everything.

I cannot say HALLOWED BE THY NAME if I am unwilling to let His holiness
Penetrate my life and help me grow in my own holiness.

I cannot say THY KINGDOM COME if I am not using my life to bring His love
Into the world.

I cannot say THY WILL BE DONE if I live by my own ideas of morality or
Choose to follow the world's standards.

I cannot say ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN if I am not devoting my life to
Serving Him here on earth.

I cannot say GIVE US THIS DAY OUR DAILY BREAD if I am not willing to be
Generous with whatever God gives me.

I cannot say FORGIVE US OUR TRESPASSES if I don't want to put forth enough
Effort to change.

I cannot say AS WE FORGIVE THOSE WHO TRESPASS AGAINST US if I still hold a Grudge, if I'm still angry, or if I still insist that other people change.

I cannot say LEAD US NOT INTO TEMPTATION if I deliberately or knowingly
Place myself in a position to be tempted.

I cannot say DELIVER US FROM EVIL if I'm not actively fighting against evil
Through deeds of love and service for everyone in my life, especially those
Who cause problems.


~~Unknown