10.03.2009

JOY...

How many of you remember that song that goes like this...

Jesus and others and you!
What a wonderful way to spell joy,
Jesus and others and you!
In the life of each girl and each boy!

J is for Jesus who goes in first place,
O is for others we meet face to face,
Y is for you in whatever you do...
Put yourself third and spell JOY!

I was reminded of that tonight, as I was doing my devotions(which, by the way, was an incredible time, one I have not purposed to do for too long). I read Philippians, and there were so many verses that stood out to me. A few in particular, but one I would like to share with you tonight.

"Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others betterh than himself. Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others." (Phil. 2:3-4)

Far too often I think of myself, and my own so-called "problems". All this inward focused pondering is not Christ-like, especially if it causes me to start complaining and whining to others about my life. I desire so dearly to be self-less, and to genuninely be concerned for others and how they are doing.

It is so refreshing when God lays things on my heart as a gentle rebuke, and afterwards, to share with others. I am so grateful to be able to blog, and to hopefully encourage people with what God has so patiently and, almost painstakingly, been teaching me.

Let everything that has breath praise the Lord- and I have breath, I have life, and I was created to praise Him and bring glory to Him, even when I didn't deserve it. God, you are so good.

I love The Benjamin Gate, and here are some lyrics from them, called "Live out Loud":

Fire reflecting in these eyes
Visions of You, Imagine my surprise
Sweat hot hands, cold shivers down my spine
Visions of You, Your Spirit so divine

Chorus
Live out, live out, live out loud

Your eyes pierce through this life of mine
And bring me to give all that I can find
Revelation my heart's desire
Pull me up and out of the mire

Chorus

I am a witness
I'm at the scene of this
I'm throwing myself
I'm throwing myself into you

Chorus

We will see you come again Jesus


I love this song so much, because it's real, and it shows how, even when we are fallen and human, Jesus sees us for who we are, He reveals himself to us, and we can still live for him, shining as lights brightly for Him!!! He wants us to give our all to Him, not just little parts. Ah, so good.

I love it when I am getting close with God, when I come into His presence, and when I am being real with him. Especially when I am writing. He blows me away with what He inspires, and how it flows through my fingertips. Here is what He inspired tonight:

Lord, fill me up
From your cup
Renew my flame
Let your name
Roll off my tongue,
Always sung
In your honour-
God, my father
You show me how
To love you now,
To you I bow,
To you I give,
I live,
I breathe,
I beseech you...
Humbly I kneel
In loudest appeal--
You're real!
I love you, LORD!!!!

-AshWin-

Love,
Ashleigh

2 comments:

Singinglady said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Singinglady said...

Well my darling
This was indeed a choice morsel to meditate on this time..

I love to hear your thoughts, ambitions and aspirations and especially I love to read how the Lord is channeling your thoughts in His direction and giving you the opportunity to share them with us through your poems.

I have not heard of the two songs that you quoted but there is much food for thought in the words you have quoted.

Thank you and continue to grow in Him.

Lots of luv
NAN xoxoxo

Ralph Waldo Emerson once said, "Enthusiasm is one of the most powerful
Engines of success.
When you do a thing, do it with your might.
Put
Your whole soul into it.
Stamp it with your own personality.
Be
Active, be energetic, be enthusiastic and faithful, and you will
Accomplish your object."

Enthusiasm is an engine fueled by a love for
What we do.
It will power us anywhere we want to go and take us places
We would never reach without it!