9.05.2009

Home Time...

So, I was able to come home for a little bit this week-end. Ash drove me up because her brother had a ball tourney. It is exciting, and good to hang out with the fam.

I had Lois over for a visit last night. We ate tortilla chips with salsa, and caught up on life. I really love and admire that girl. She is a true friend, who isn't afraid to be honest, and speak the truth!

I don't like shucking corn, but I guess Mom is making it for dinner, so she had us do it. There were two bags, so I challenged Van to a contest to see who could shuck it the fastest. I have never had so much fun shucking corn in my life!

Love,

Ashleigh

1 comment:

Singinglady said...

Hi darling

I am so glad you are having a short visit at home wit the family.
I know they all miss you and you miss them too.

Do I know Lois?
I can’t remember if I met her?
I am sure she was glad to have a visit with you as well.

Guess what!! I don’t like shucking corn either!!
Pops always does it for me and Karl helped him when he was here.

We have had a lot of great corn this season and I do enjoy the produce at this time of year.

We have had corn, tomatoes, peaches, pears and cantaloupe almost every day.

We met Auntie Helen in Newmarket today and went to lunch at the mandarin.
It was wonderful!
We exchanged birthday gifts with each other.
Guess what I got?
Ribena and FUDGE!!!

Pops got Ribena and Aero bars!

Yum, yummy!

Enjoy your time at home.
How long will you be there?
I wish we could see you.
I will leave you with this little thought on friends and friendships


Wisdom For Life

Don't spend major time with minor people.

If there are people in your life who continually disappoint you, break promises, stomp on your dreams, are too judgmental, have different values and don't have your back during difficult times...that is not friendship.

To have a friend, be a friend.
Sometimes in life as you grow, your friends will either grow or go.

Surround yourself with people who reflect values, goals interests and lifestyles.

When I think of any of my successes, I am thankful to God from whom all blessings flow, and to my family and friends who enrich my life.

Over the years my phone book has changed because I changed,
for the better.

At first, you think you're going to be alone, but after awhile, new people show up in your life that make it so much sweeter and easier to endure.


~~unknown

XOXO NAN