9.30.2009

Date night with my sis...

Last night, as I mentioned in my previous blog, I had to work on a book report. However, Mel and I had been making plans to see the movie Fame for a long time, and some much needed sister bonding time was needed. True to tradition, after the movie, we got really hyper, and it was awesome! I am so glad we were able to get away, and just have fun together. We really enjoyed the movie, which is basically a story following about six people through their highschool experience at a performing arts academy. Each of the teenagers has a passion, or, more truthfully, a particular skill they are talented at, such as drama, singing, dancing, or performing music. The movie showcased their struggles as they sought to make a name for themselves in the world, as well as the triumphs they created within friendships or joining a well-renowned dance troupe. It wasn't so much a musical as much as it was just a movie talking about real people living their lives. For the record, there was no blatant sketchy scenes, which made it even better!

It was great to hang out with Mel, and I hope we can make nights like these a weekly occurrence! Love you, Mel!

I am currently listening to two of Skillet's new singles, and can't wait to hear the rest of their newest album.

Love,
ashleigh

1 comment:

Singinglady said...

Here I am again..
I hope you did get the book report finished.
It was good to read that you and Mel had a night out together to go to see the show , “Fame”.

Was this the original movie or a remake of one made a few years ago?

I am out of the loop as far as movies are concerned.
I never saw it but I think there used to be a TV series that spun out of this movie, or maybe it was vice versa.
Do not quote me on that though!


I am glad you enjoyed the evening.
This is a special bond that you have together and I am glad that you are trying to keep this relationship going with one another.
It sounds like you are enjoying the Skillet music singles

On to the next..

XOXO NAN

Here is a thought that could also be applied to relationships.

Do not take for granted the things closest to your heart.

Cling to them as you would your life, for without them, life is meaningless